For some odd reason, I have not been able to add a diverse enough reading materials to the mix this week and as a result, there is an unusually large number of tech-centric stories on my recommendation list. Here are the picks for this weekend.
- Hunger Games: How iPhones make anorexia worse. Apps are sort of to blame, argues New Republic writer Alice Gregory.
- How photographing events stops us from living them: Jillian Edelstein of The Guardian makes a fair argument about this behavior.
- Bitcoin, magical thinking and political ideology: Alex Payne bursts the Bitcoin bubble with a well-reasoned argument.
- Bunches of guys: Owen Bennet-Jones talks about the resurgence of al-Qaida in the London Review of books.
- The math equation that explains David and Goliath. Everything is math, in case you were wondering.
- There’s a 1,200 year old Phone in the Smithsonian collections. And…
Ver la entrada original 50 palabras más